We understand that sometimes websites don’t have all the answers and that you just need to talk to a real person… plus sometimes this may be the only way of quickly resolving queries with
Please find below useful numbers for the HMRC:
- Income Tax 0300 200 3300
- For general income tax enquiries, particulary for employees wanting to check their PAYE coding notices or those wishing to query tax overpayments through employment.
- Self Assessment 0300 200 3310
- For general queries regarding self assessment, including applying for a UTR and important self assessment dates.
- Self Assessment Payment Helpline 0300 200 3822
- If you are having difficulty in paying your self assessment tax liability on time.
- National Insurance 0300 200 3500
- To obtain information on National Insurance rates & thresholds or if you have lost or haven't received your National Insurance number.
- Construction Industry Scheme 0300 200 3210
- To register to work & be paid under the Construction Industry Scheme (CIS).
- Tax Credits 0345 300 3900
- To request new tax credits claim forms, to tell HMRC about changes to your circumstances or to find out when & how much you will be paid.
- Child Benefit 0300 200 3100
- To start a new claim or to stop claiming child benefit or for information about benefit eligibility or to make changes about your personal circumstances.
Lines are open 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 4pm Saturday.